Saturday, February 27, 2010

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen was released in Canada on June 24, 2009. The cast consists of Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox... and perhaps some others if you could stand to watch it.

The plot of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen... well, that's 150 minutes I am never getting back. It's Transformers versus Humans. Enough said. The plot is drivel, the acting sucks, and the special effects... well, it's like buying a car because it has 500 hp only to find out it does not come with tires. Just painful.

I suffered through this baby because I am an Oscar buff and it has been nominated for Sound Mixing, and in watching it I cleared the category. Now truthfully, the sound mixing was very good... competitive even. But I cannot imagine it will compete with Avatar, The Hurt Locker, Inglourious Basterds or Star Trek. All of these movies have sound contributing to a bigger picture, whereas Transformers could have just submitted a sound track, since not much else comes with the package. Giving this picture a nod is an insult to the rest of the field. I would have preferred an incomplete field.

I've been trying to think who would enjoy this film and I'm coming up empty. Even my young adolescent nephews thought it was dumb. There is exactly no good reason, no matter how Academy-committed you are, to watch Transformers:Revenge of the Fallen.

No comments:

Post a Comment